Julie Wilson (very entertaining speaker) our guest speaker on Thursday talked about the use of social media to promote her blog-turned-manus...

The Relationship To The World

5:21 PM Sharon 1 Comments

Julie Wilson (very entertaining speaker) our guest speaker on Thursday talked about the use of social media to promote her blog-turned-manuscript to publishers. Wilson also commented on other things like how her project Seen Reading started. It think that it's quite an fun epic project.

But the relationship between a writer and the publication of the written piece, is like a marriage in itself. You fall in love with the story idea, you work on it, you create it, you make it successful...or not.

If I wanted to publish a book, I would first post it on websites like Authonomy.com or FictionPress.com (which I already have under a secret alias, that no one will ever find out! :p) What I like to get is feedback from people around the world and make changes where I see fit to my story. Anyhow, I would probably do both, first I'll try to self-publish, and if that isn't successful then I'll probably seek a traditional publisher.

For me personally, I like to have a hard copy of something I've written so I probably wouldn't go the online route to publishing. But knowing myself, I would try all ways of publishing if I really wanted to get something published.

One of my favourite writerly sites is the Canadian Authors Association It's a really helpful site for writers.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sharon!

    The websites you mentioned on this post were great. Allow me to add another: NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). Stalk the site before November, because they encourage writers to complete their novels in one month...November!

    :) Gwen

    ReplyDelete