I'm pretty late at jumping into the cushion foundation bandwagon, but after much research and months of browsing YouTube videos - I...

[Review] TROIPEEL H+ Healing Cushion & H+ BB Cream | Swatches

5:05 PM Sharon 0 Comments

I'm pretty late at jumping into the cushion foundation bandwagon, but after much research and months of browsing YouTube videos - I've decided to give the TROIPEEL H+ Cushion and H+ BB Cream a try. After watching MissElectraHeart's and Joan Keem's videos about this brand, I became very interested in the products since everyone keeps mentioning it's 99% skincare and 1% makeup. So I decided to purchase it and see if it's worth the hype. If you haven't heard of TROIPEEL before, it is a sister brand of TROIAREUKE. So without further ado, please enjoy the read:


TROIPEEL H+ CUSHION


Back Story & Thoughts: I bought the H+ Cushion and the H+ BB Cream off BragMyStyle on eBay, and received the package in 2 weeks. From July to August, I've been using the product for one month consistently. In my opinion, it's nothing spectacular. It's not some miracle cushion.  But I do enjoy how the cushion has SPF 50 with PA +++, the highest SPF that I have seen in a cushion. It's also by far the nicest feeling foundation I've ever worn, the colour was slightly on the lighter side when I first applied it (since it was summer here). However, it's a pretty good match for my MAC NC20 skin tone. When it comes to the smell of it, there is a slight herbal scent to it, but it's a refreshing scent that is not too overwhelming.

H+ Cushion Ingredients: Water, Titanium Dioxide, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate,Cyclohexasiloxane,C12-15 Alkyl benzoate, Niacinamide, Octocrylene,Zinc Oxide, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Sodium Chloride, Quaternium-18 Bentonite, Dimethicone, Centella Asiatica Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Vitex Agnus Castus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Mica (CI 77019), Silica, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Chlorphenesin,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aluminum Hydroxide (Cl 77002), Adenosine, Perfume

Now let's check out some of the claims of this cushion:
1. Regeneration of new skin all day long (has a skin regenerating ingredient such as Adenosine, which helps reproduce cells and promotes wound healing and has anti-inflammatory properties)
2. Protection from other environment (has something called WWS (Water Wrapping System) and it forms a thin moisture layer on the skin surface.
3. Perfect coverage, yet no skin stuffiness (light-weight makeup with excess sebum control)

RE: Claim #1 - I don't know how much regenerating it actually does since the regenerating ingredient Adenosine is second last on the ingredients list. I mean, I guess it is regenerating the skin...compared to products without this ingredient. But I didn't notice any big improvements when I had a few acne breakouts. I also noticed the Centella Asiatica Extract (another wound healing ingredient) higher up on the ingredients list but as I mentioned earlier, I still didn't see any major improvements.

RE: Claim #2 - I naturally have oily skin so I can't really tell if the H+Cushion had kept moisture in my skin (I may have to test this cushion out during the winter time).

RE: Claim #3 - Yes, it has great coverage and it doesn't feel like I'm wearing make-up! I love how one layer of this cushion foundation can cover most of my scars and discolouration in my skin. I also love how buildable the formulation is as well (if you wanted more coverage). As for excess sebum control, it does do a decent job at keeping my oily skin at bay. However, after 5 hours I would say that I would require a touch up. I do end up getting some creasing around my eyes and nose though, but that's what comes when I have oily skin.

Would I re-purchase? Not likely, the reasons being the price and because it doesn't come with a refill. If it wasn't for the expensive price tag, I would definitely re-purchase. Like I said, it's the best foundation I ever wore.


TROIPEEL H+ BB CREAM




Thoughts: The H+ BB Cream is similar to the H+ Cushion, however, it has SPF 40 with PA ++ (double plus, instead of triple plus that the H+ Cushion has). After using both products consistently for one month, I honestly prefer the H+ Cushion over the H+ BB Cream. The BB cream has a stronger herbal scent to it, which again, I don't mind, but it is definitely stronger than the H+ Cushion. Not unbearable though. I found the colour of the H+ BB Cream lighter and slightly on the grey side than the H+ Cushion. However, I do like it how it stays matte for a longer period of time than the H+ Cushion.

H+ BB Cream Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Dipropylene Glycol, Hexyl Laurate, Dimethicone, Arbutin, Isoamyl p-Methoxycinnamate, Cyclomethicone , Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, BeesWax, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Talc, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Allantoin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract, Citrus Junos Fruit Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Extract, Adenosine, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Propylene Glycol, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Fragrance, CI77492, CI77491, CI77499

Now, this BB Cream is a post-resurfacing treatment so it suppose to relax, resurface and protect the skin. After using this from August to September, I didn't find it to be any different than any other BB cream. In fact, I sort of prefer my Lioele Triple the Solution BB cream over this one.

Would I re-purchase: Not likely. Same reasons as the H+ Cushion for it being too expensive. If it wasn't for the price tag, I'll definitely re-purchase, because it has great coverage too and that it doesn't contain parabens.



SWATCHES

Below is my swatch of the Troipeel H+ Cushion & H+ BB Cream with the MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC20.




Here I've swatched the Troipeel H+ BB Cream & H+ Cushion compared to my Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream.




I hope this post has been helpful. If you have any questions regarding this, please leave a comment down below! 

0 comments: